Jamaica is known for many culinary flavors and dishes. One of the most famous is the method of cooking meat “Jerk Style”. It is slow cooking the meat usually over Pimento/Allspice wood after being seasoned with a fragrant rub. This dish today happens to be Vegetarian no meat but you can add chicken to it quite easily.
- 3 cups cooked Farfalle (bowtie)Pasta
- 1/2 cup Feta Cheese
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1-2 teaspoons Jerk sauce
- 1/2 onion diced
- 2 cloves garlic
- Parmesan cheese to taste
- 2 tsp olive oil
- Sauté the onions and garlic in olive oil.
- Add cream, Feta, Jerk seasoning and simmer until creamy.
- Add pasta and combine season with salt and pepper to taste and parmesan cheese. Serve with garlic bread.
- For the chicken option dice 4-5 chicken tenders and sauté in the beginning with the onions and garlic then build the sauce as described above.